The Wikimedia Foundation’s Katherine Maher
Although Wikipedia is a contributor website like Twitter or Facebook, why doesn’t it suffer from the same levels of misinformation and fake news? The Wikimedia Foundation’s executive director Katherine Maher joins this episode to talk about the importance of transparency and sticking to your values at scale. She also shares how machine learning will be increasingly important in Wikipedia’s operations, and what organizations using Wikipedia’s datasets should know about the flaws in its information.
The Wikimedia Foundation
A non-profit that provides structure for free knowledge and hosts Wikipedia.
The world’s fifth most popular website.
An All Turtles Podcast series about how economies of scale have changed and how startups can adapt.
- When AI is misaligned
- The future of the reading brain: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 88
- Community and privacy: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 87
- Fundraising during a pandemic: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 86
- Designing mmhmm: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 85
- Introducing mmhmm: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 84
- Figma and the future of collaborative design: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 82
- The future of remote learning: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 81
- How a social distancing app came to be: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 80
- Coronavirus misinformation with Renée DiResta: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 79