Startup communication and outreach with Susan Gonzales
When Facebook moved into a Menlo Park space that was across the street from one of the lowest income areas of California, Susan Gonzales saw a potential for outreach, so she launched the company’s community engagement program. Her time at Facebook gave her some unique insights into the likes of Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg. She now consults with startups on strategic communications, sharing her expertise on diversity-related issues.
Communications Coach to help clients effectively communicate their messaging.
Facebook Summer Academy
Designed to give low-income students professional learning opportunities.
Black in AI
Increasing the presence of Black people in the field of artificial intelligence.
Queer in AI
Raising awareness of queer issues in AI/ML.
Latinx in AI
Global community of LatinX in AI professionals.
Women in Machine Learning
Supporting women in machine learning.
- When AI is misaligned
- The future of the reading brain: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 88
- Community and privacy: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 87
- Fundraising during a pandemic: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 86
- Designing mmhmm: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 85
- Introducing mmhmm: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 84
- Figma and the future of collaborative design: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 82
- The future of remote learning: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 81
- How a social distancing app came to be: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 80
- Coronavirus misinformation with Renée DiResta: All Turtles Podcast Ep. 79